February 14, 2006

Great Dinning in Bangkok

Sorry I have not managed to get a post up from my Aruba trip. I left all the pictures back on my home computer, so I will have to write that post when I get home.

Right now I am in Thailand. I came out here for a work meeting, but also brought my Mom, Uncle, Brother & his girlfriend. We spent a few days in Bangkok and then when work started for me, they went to use my timeshare down south in Phuket.

My Uncle has some friends that live here in Bangkok and they took us to a restaurant that was simply amazing. There is no way a venue like this could exist in the states as no one would insure the restaurant. The name of the restaurant is Sirocco and what makes it special is the location OUTSIDE atop the 64th floor of a large building in Bangkok. Look at the pictures. WOW, was all I could say. What you don’t see from the pictures is that on a ledge overlooking the dinning area is a spot where a live jazz band creates atmosphere while you eat. Also note the bar in the first picture - it is the blue circle in the fist picture past the dinning area. Standing room goes all the way around and there is a simple glass wall between you and all of Bangkok. A nice warm night, great food, company, ambiance & a view that was simply to die for; what more could you ask for?

If you get to Bangkok the bar or restaurant is a MUST stop. Sirocco is part of the Dome located atop the State Building near the Sathorn Bridge.

http://www.thedomebkk.com/sirocco/sirocco_home.htm

The picture above is from the website and is taken from the top of the stairs in the picture blelow (I took the picture below).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mom shared your sight with me. She is so proud of you and all you do and have accomplished. She and i work together and i miss her alot but I am so excited for her and this opportunity. thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I am the lucky Mother who experienced a truly amazing journey with my sons & brother. I had no idea Thailand would be such a phenomenal place to visit. We enjoyed the city life in Bangkok and were treated like royalty by the hospitable people of Phuket. I was pleased to see much of the tsumani devastation in Patong has been cleaned up. The people really pulled together and made it happen. Greg, you are my hero. After living through the time zone changes of our trip I am truly amazed at your stamina and even temperment through all your travels. Look forward to your next posts. xox - M